[PD] OSC-route: float arguments are not OK. error with rradical

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Jun 5 17:30:19 CEST 2004

Hallo,
Antonios Galanopoulos hat gesagt: // Antonios Galanopoulos wrote:

> I ve been trying to get the rradical patches to work,
> and I get :
>  OSC-route: float arguments are not OK.
> OSCroute $1 ... couldn't create
>
> this seems to be the cause for various crashes
> for example :
> connecting [rrad.metro ] --> [rrad-pattseq-ng] and pressing start

You have to give all rradical patches (except careGUI) an argument
starting with a slash. So don't create [rrad.pattseq] but instead
create it as [rrad.pattseq /mypattern] or similar. This argument is
passed on to an [OSCroute $1] inside. If you don't give an argument,
it will be created as [OSCroute 0] effectivly, but "float arguments
are not OK" for OSCroute.

It's used as an identifier for OSC remote control through the rightmost
inlet. So you can send a message like this into the OSC-inlet to set
slider s5 to be 80:

[/mypattern/s5 80(

> pool - get: superfluous arguments ignored
> error: $1: argument number out of range
> error: $1: argument number out of range

Press the "reset" bang once, then this (harmless) error will go away.
It occurs because there is no value for a certain pattern step in the
pool yet. "reset" will set everything to default values (== 0)

Also make sure, that you are not using the [prepend] from IEMlib but
from Cyclone.

> * OSC-route: invalid message pattern RRADICAL.dummy does not begin with /
> * OSC-route: invalid message pattern RRADICAL.dummy does not begin with /
> * OSC-route: invalid message pattern RRADICAL.dummy does not begin with /
> * OSC-route: invalid message pattern RRADICAL.dummy does not begin with /
> * OSC-route: invalid message pattern RRADICAL.dummy does not begin with /
> * OSC-route: invalid message pattern RRADICAL.dummy does not begin with /
> * OSC-route: invalid message pattern RRADICAL.dummy does not begin with /
> * OSC-route: invalid message pattern RRADICAL.dummy does not begin with /

See above. But again: make sure, no prepend from IEMlib is loaded. It
can lead to the crashes you see. You need [prepend] from Cyclone. If
you have iemlib in your .pdrc or on the command line, try removing it.

> Segmentation fault
> pd_gui: pd process exited
>

> also where can I get the [any] and [blosc~]externals?

any is part of IEM, I think. It's only used in [netcontrol] which I
need to rework anyways. [blosc~] is part of Creb. It's only used in
rrad.square~

A good place to start exploring rradical is the rrad.minipli sample
player which apart from the Memento stuff only uses builtin objects
and stripdir for looks, but works without it, too.  It's a GUI around
one of Miller's example samplers. Press the [op] bang, load a wav
file, then send numbers from 0-127 as velocity into the left inlet.
It should produce sound then.

Ciao