[PD] creative webcam and pdp

amalia.dg at tiscali.it amalia.dg at tiscali.it
Mon Jun 7 17:46:28 CEST 2004

hi all,
I have some problem with my webcam and pdp:
my usbwebcam is working, at least in camstream I receive the images I
want.

But if I use the cam with pdp, the xv-window is splitted into
two parts a green and a dark green one, no images are visible.
but there are no errors on  the printout.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------8<

pdp_v4l: opening /dev/video0
pdp_v4l: cap: name Creative Labs Webcam 5 type 1 channels 1 maxw 640 maxh
480 minw 160 minh 120
pdp_v4l: picture: brightness 32768 depth 24 palette 15
pdp_v4l: channel 0 name Webcam type 2 flags 0
pdp_v4l: switched to channel 0
pdp_v4l: set norm to 0
pdp_v4l: buffer size 921600, frames 2, offset 0 460800
pdp_v4l: using VIDEO_PALETTE_YUV420P
pdp_v4l: frame 0 0, format 15, width 320, height 240
pdp_v4l: Opened video connection (320x240)
pdp_v4l: detected pwc
pdp_v4l: camera framerate set to 27 fps

There are some errors just when I try to set frequencies.

what I have to do?
I've seen a post about that with philips webcam, but I didn't find the
line // goto test; in my pdp_v4l.c
I'm using PDP: version 0.12.3

thanks,
amalia