[PD] Pd on Mac OS X

Pedro Carneiro pedrocarneiro at fastmail.fm
Mon Jun 7 22:54:42 CEST 2004

Hello all,

Thank you Malte!

>> I am new on this list and a novice user of Pd -- my question is:
>> Has anyone here used Pd running on Mac OS X on performances with live
>> acoustic instruments and if so has it been stable, etc.
>
> Works for me too. I did a 20min performance outdoor in Chiang Mai,
> Thailand on a OSX Panther Ibook (G3 600mhz) with a mega patch complete
> with fm, phase vocoder, reverb and more subpatches. The proof is online :)
>
> http://block4.com/dokumentation/switch04/wat.html

Re: Great, many thanks. I am a percussionist and composer ( further info on
my website at http://www.pedrocarneiro.com ) and I am thinking of developing
a long piece for solo Bb clarinet and live electronics. The thing is that I
am extremely keen on open source and didn't want to use Max/Msp at all (in
fact, I have worked as a soloist many times 'under' max/msp on several new
works by other composers), hence my interest to learn Pd and use it for this
new project. Long way to go, as I am totally new to Pd and only have very
basic knowledge of Max/Msp.

Greetings to all, take care,

Pedro Carneiro
web: http://www.pedrocarneiro.com