[PD] large video with pix_film

marius schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Tue Jun 8 11:21:58 CEST 2004

Hi,
I am having some problems with playing large video files. (>1GB). After some
time sound starts to stutter and interaction is disturbed (bad timing
delays).
I tried to use smaller video resolutions, less frames per seconds, larger
latency, lower samplerate, and so on.
I can not tell, why for several seconds it is ok, but then problems appear.
Maybe always when GEM reads a new part of the video data to the memory of
the grafic card? I have a ATI mobility Radeon grafic card with 16MB of
memory and the cpu is a P4 with 2 GHz, WinXP.
What should I try next? Is there any other object besides
pix_film/pix_movie? What exactly causes the performance problem?
thanks in advance, marius.