[PD] Pd on Mac OS X

Pedro Carneiro pedrocarneiro at fastmail.fm
Tue Jun 8 11:38:45 CEST 2004

Hi Frank, hi all,

> Then you might also consider using Linux later, but take your time.
> OS-X, although based on an open source system, is not open source
> itself, as you know - you maybe already paid for some of those OS
> upgrades Apple sells. I really don't want to start a discussion on
> operating systems here, but if open-sourceness is important to you (it
> is to me) then OS-X is a dead end street operating-system-wise.

Re: Indeed, although linux is still rather scary for me. I have some basic
knowledge and run a debian server with TWIGGI ( http://www.twiggi.org/ ),
but have long been used to the mac os (11 years now). I have tried yellow
dog linux on a imac, but it was really slow. What distro of linux would you
recommend for audio?

All good wishes,

Pedro Carneiro
web: http://www.pedrocarneiro.com