[PD] large video with pix_film

marius schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Tue Jun 8 19:31:16 CEST 2004

ok, i will write my answers between your questions. concerning format, I can
render whatever format is needed. The resolution should be at least 400*300,
fps at least 15. (i think that should be possible???) I texture the film to
a [rectangle 6 4] with a GEM window size 1024*768 (which is the screen
resolution of my tft). m.

> I think we need more info before starting to diagnose the problem.
> What format are the files?  Quicktime, MPEG, AVI?

I used avi-files, but tried also quicktime-movies

> What codec(s) are you using?

no idea. (no compression).

> What are the dimensions of the films?  What is the duration in frames?

about 4000 frames.

> Do the clips have audio or are you referring to the pd audio DSP?

clips have no audio. readinge form wavetables.

> Can you monitor the system performance and memory usage and report that?

I measure with the windows task manager which says memory usage is 160 MB
and cpu ist maximal 20 %