[PD] Pd on Linux ppc (was Pd on Mac OS X)

aym3ric stm-sq at bleu255.com
Wed Jun 9 19:10:41 CEST 2004

> > Re: Would Debian/PPC run ok on an ibook 500 with 192 ram? I am
> > buying  a new
> > laptop soon and could use this one for experiences :-)
>
> Yes it should run well on that computer.

you could also give a try to gentoo, it's running fine on a ibook
with pd, pdp, pidip, gem (blablabla) and it has an "ok" documentation.
the only problem i had so far was the audio acting weird sometimes (very
low or way too high) but i didn't have time to check it deeply (it's not
my ibook), anyway it's an alsa related problem and you may have the same
with debian and this ibook model.
Besides this, everything is well supported
(concerning this ibook model), the only annoying thing i found was the
mapping of the right and middle click to the keyboard, but well ...
that's mac :)

+!
aym3ric.