[PD] dyn~ and GEM

joseph moore joseph_moore_ at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 11 05:30:42 CEST 2004

Hello list,
First off, if there is and easy way to display a paragraph of text in 3d
with GEM(as opposed to a single line) that's my main interest so lay it on
me if one exists. My current approach is to use dyn~ to create however many
text objects I need for a particular paragraph and space them out
accordingly. So the current object I'm attemping to mass produce is simply
this:

inlet

separator  $1
|               /
text3d

I'm able to create multiple instances of the object, connect inlets,
outlets, etc. But when I try to render I get the following message:

GEM: Start rendering
dyn~: message unhandled - inlet:0 args:1 symbol:gem_state

I'm assuming that dyn~ handles messages and signals but not data from the
GEM render chain?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Joe