[OT] Re: [PD] hyperterminal equiv. on Linux?

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Sat Jun 12 22:10:06 CEST 2004

On Saturday 12 June 2004 09:21, elf at moomonkey.com wrote:
> Is there anything like Hyperterminal on Linux?
>
> I'm testing my microcontroller based interfaces and
> want to check the data. It's all working fine with the comport object,
> but it's just for testing purposes....
>
> cheers
> -eva

You actually were able to use Hyperterminal to debug serial protocols on a
Microsoft development platform? Ouch, does that thing even have a hex
display? Last time I tried it, it didn't even have an option to display
control characters.

If I'm on a machine running Microsoft Windoes , I find it easier to run
Procomm in a DOS box. Much more powerfull and you get scripting too. I've
also run across a couple of shareware or demoware Microsoft Windowsprograms
that are more geared towards engineering purposes - the log is time-stamped
for example.

Sorry I can't answer your actual question - I can only hope of course that
there are much better things available on Linux (like "ask" for example?)

Larry