[PD] working with 3d objecs in GEM

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Sat Jun 12 22:31:07 CEST 2004

On Jun 12, 2004, at 9:22 AM, andreithomaz wrote:

> hello list,
>
> I am starting to work with 3d objecs, loaded from .obj files, using
> Pure Data + GEM.
>
> Has anybody experience with this kind of thing? I tried some mazes
> created with blender and exported to .obj with Crossroads, but they
> were not correctly exported... Do the models need to be composed only
> by triangles? To be a mesh only? I will make some tryings now but, if
> somebody has already worked with 3d objects, please, help me :-)

Most .obj models I've encountered load fine in GEM (we use a standard
open-source importer).  The only ones that don't were made by softImage
and sent through a utility to convert to .obj. Those would simply not
load, and gave an error.  Do you see any errors in the console when

If you send me a small model then I can have a look at the model file
and see what's going on.

cgc