[PD] sharing pd-files

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Mon Jun 14 14:24:02 CEST 2004

Hi Roman,

Roman Haefeli wrote:
> i'd like to build a small pd-music-community with a few friends. i am
> looking for a possibility to share patches that one of us made with the
> others, so that you can store online-abstractions. is anyone experienced in
> that kind of stuff?
> the best would be to set a -path [web-folder] in the .bat-file (or
> pd-command or whatever).

I'll echo what the others have written about using CVS or pure-data.info
as a repository for patches. However, if I understand you correctly,
then what you want is to be able to access archived patches on your
local network or other machines from your friends. In this case, yes,
you would set the path, or use the "Path" button in the main PD GUI, to
set the location of your friends' shared network folders. Then you'd be
able to load the patches immediately.

One other option, for network-jamming, would be to run your main PD DSP
on one central machine, and have all the others access it via remote
desktop, and then stream the audio results back out. Participants could
also communicate with each other via IRC. This would give you something
like the "extreme programming" that some folks here on this list were
talking about last year--several people would be able to collaborate in
[almost-]realtime on a single patch.

good luck,
d.
--