[PD] sharing pd-files

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Jun 15 09:23:00 CEST 2004

Hallo,
Roman Haefeli hat gesagt: // Roman Haefeli wrote:

> folder in the .bat-file does not work (links seem not to be allowed in DOS;
> i must tell i'm not a profi in these things). in a LAN you can make a
> virtual drive on your computer from a folder of another computer (in german
> called: 'als Netzlaufwerk verbinden') . i am looking for something similar
> that works in the web and i'm still not sure if this is possible in win98 or
> not.

You could setup a WebDAV server on the net which basically is a
http-server but uses that as a file-server.
_From the FAQ: Webdav does

 "define the HTTP extensions necessary to enable distributed web
 authoring tools to be broadly interoperable, while supporting user
 needs", and in this respect DAV is completing the original vision of
 the Web as a writeable, collaborative medium."

I have no idea if Windows 98 supports WebDAV already but AFAIK later
versions of that OS do.

See http://webdav.org/ for some more info.

Ciao