[PD] Use 'make' to compile externals?......

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Jun 15 09:27:51 CEST 2004

Hallo,
chun lee hat gesagt: // chun lee wrote:

> I am pretty new to Linux, which is the platform I like to write external in.
> do I just use the 'make' command to compile the object?

Often yes, but for that you need to have a file called Makefile or
makefile. Makefils are make what to do. There are many docs and
introduction to makefiles on the web or maybe already on your
harddisk, try "info make". But normally you would just use some other
Makefile and edit it. A good Makefile to start with is in the CVS in
externals/build/linux/makefile You can probably use it without any
changes.

Ciao