[PD] processing webcam input with GEM

metafor at gmx.net metafor at gmx.net
Wed Jun 16 14:14:45 CEST 2004

hi vasily

i did this kind of things (colordetection) with pd and pdp+pidip. it works
like a charm and it's fast, even if you use an object multiple times, in
my case
17. it's linux and macOSX only. but i think you should give dynebolic
(dynebolic.org) a try,
it's a linux live-cd and i think the mentioned software should run without
installing anything.
http://ydegoyon.free.fr/pidip.html

if there is no 3D involved i think you rather take this then using gem.
most people i know working with linux and webcams are using the ones
from philips.
i think 740 (yellow rubber focus, not red) but i tried logitech and it
worked as well,
have a look on the supported models list of the pwc-driver:
http://www.smcc.demon.nl/webcam/

if you need to stay on win i don't have much idea what to use, probably
eyesweb
could do this kind of things. (OSC communication with pd)