[PD] processing webcam input with GEM

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Wed Jun 16 18:19:57 CEST 2004

I recently did a project in WinXP with a webcam, PD, and GEM and it
worked beutifully. I was able to have 9 concurrently running captures
and 3D without a decent framerate. I think there are some GEM picture
analysis objects, but I'm not familiar with them. PDP+PiDiP on Linux is
the best way to do this, but WinXP and GEM, perhaps with an OSC
connection to something like Eyesweb will work. I used a Logitech Quickcam.

-Ian