[PD] readsf problem

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Wed Jun 16 17:45:02 CEST 2004

jim ruxton wrote:
> Thanks IOhannes,
> I tried playing with endianess on a couple of files I downloaded but
> didn't have any luck. Is there a program that I can run a wav file
> through to get all it's info ie. sample size, endianess etc. I find it
> frustrating just trying different settings to get readsf~ to play a file
> I download. Does anyone know where I can find documentation that
> discusses readsf~ more comprehensively than the help file. Thanks.

what OS are you running? in linux, you can use sndfile-info to get most
of what you need. or you could open them in rezound or snd and have
alook, maybe even export them as something else.

also, did you try to explicitely set *all* flags for the soundfile with
messages? alternately, did you try opening it as a raw file?

if you check the archives here for "writesf~", you'll find another
thread about headers and messages that might give you some inspiration.

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 2: