[PD] processing webcam input with GEM

Max Neupert abonnements at revolwear.com
Fri Jun 18 18:40:04 CEST 2004

> Can you access the QcP4K from XP's Image Capture control panel?
Yes

> Can you capture streaming video?
Yes, from outside of gem

> Can you do either after Logitech's software (minimal install) is
> installed?
i installed the software from logitech's website (a 37mb download)
there was no option on what you want to have installed or not.

> The Quickcam Pro 4000 certainly works in w2k, xp, OSX, in Pd+Gem.
> I always do the minimum installation of Logitech software (drivers
> only).  None of the other fluff.
> What's the version of Logitech software you installed on XP? The
> latest may not be the greatest.
> Did you install it from an account with Administrator privileges
> (should be).
Yes

> On the Mac, a fully functional (read: not necessarily latest) version
> of Quicktime is required.
i see, so my QT might be too recent.

if i do the [dialog[ for [pix_video] on osx the QuickTime dialog pops
up but is completely greyed out. after that the only way how to return
is to kill the pd process.