[PD] Working Directory?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Jun 21 00:52:21 CEST 2004

Hallo,
Tim Blechmann hat gesagt: // Tim Blechmann wrote:

> > I would like to know the directory in which the patch is saved from
> > within pd. As a symbol or a message that is. I have searched a bit but
> > havent got any clue so I'm asking here.
>
> i think this is a perfect application for günter geiger's shell
> external:
>
> |pwd(
> |
> |shell|
> |
> |print test|

This will print the directory, pd was started from, not the patch
file's "pwd".

I'd say, if you want to know the path, the file is in, then why not
create a message inside it containing the path you saved the patch to?
I mean, the patch author knows the path anyway.

A related, but easier approach is what I use all the time: save paths
of things like used samples in a preset using the Memento state saving
system. This keeps patches reusable and the presets are very flexible
and can even be moved across machines (home <-> laptop) easily.

Ciao