[PD] Was there a change in how MIDI is transmitted ????

jim ruxton cinetron at passport.ca
Mon Jun 21 07:06:24 CEST 2004

I've built a few devices that accept MIDI as a control signal and they
don't work with the latest version of PD. I'm not sure but it looks to
me like where a ctlout object used to send  Channel , Controller Number
, and Control Value  it is only sending channel information if there is
a channel change. This makes a lot of sense I guess to save bandwidth.
First of all could someone confirm that this is what is happening . It
would be a hassle for me now to rewrite all the firmware in these
devices. They are all waiting for channel data each transmission.  I'm
not sure when this change in PD happened or whether it is something else
that is going on. Everything seems to work for me under PD 0.34.4 in
Windows but 0.37 under Linux is where I'm having problems. If indeed
Channel Number is only transmitted when it changes is there an easy way
to send it with every transmission till I get a chance to reprogram all
my devices.  Thanks!
Jim