[PD] polymorphic delay or pipe or something

ClaudiusMaximus gloriousclaudiusmaximus at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 22 01:42:19 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 00:18, ClaudiusMaximus wrote:
> For a patch I'm working on the most logical way of doing things needs an
> object that delays lots of things like [pipe] does, but it needs to be
> able to delay all of the things that can be sent as messages (this is a
> general event looping abstraction that I want to use in many places).
>
> Is there such an external or do I have to write one?

I have managed to solve the problem using [textfile] and [delay],
storing time between events instead of time since start of loop.

For the interested, it functions like a tape loop recording and playing
back Pd messages.  There is still a bug - stopping and restarting
playback quickly messes up the data in the loop.  Requires IEMLIB
[prepend] [gate], or compatible, probably some other requirements too.
The patches (cm_g_eveloop*.pd) are in the archives dated 2004-06-21 or
later at
http://puredata.info/Members/claudiusmaximus/copyme/gravity/source/