[PD] PD for Audio Manipulation/Mangling

John Potter John.Potter at RaymondJames.com
Tue Jun 22 22:47:37 CEST 2004

Around a year ago I was looking into PD, MAX/MSP, Supercollider, CSound,
DSP in general etc. after playing with modular synths and synths w/
large modulation matrixes for a couple years.  Kind of dropped all that
and picked the guitar back up for a while.  Thinking about getting back
in to it but primarily from the perspective of realtime audio effects -
reverb, phasing, distortion, ring modulation, vocoding, gating, and 100
different things I'm sure you can think of (as opposed to creating a
completely virtual instrument).

How does PD stack up against MSP in that regard?  Is there something
else I should be looking at?  Another thought is picking up a Nord Micro
Modular but that wouldn't necessarily preclude the PD/MSP route.

Thanks!

John