[PD] PD for Audio Manipulation/Mangling

John Potter John.Potter at RaymondJames.com
Wed Jun 23 16:25:50 CEST 2004

Thanks guys.  I've heard of audiomulch in passing but never actually
looked into it but it does indeed look like what I'm after.

Should I want to check out PD or MSP for the learning experience does
one work better than the other for this sort of application?

Thanks!

John

  _____

From: pd-list-admin at iem.at [mailto:pd-list-admin at iem.at] On Behalf Of
Jamie Bullock
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 9:13 AM
To: Eran Sachs - Hazira; pd-list at iem.at
Subject: Re: OT: [PD] PD for Audio Manipulation/Mangling

Zax,

As a non-Audiomulch user, I had just heard that others had used it for
live realtime processing of audio input and not experienced it myself.

However, having just downloaded the software to check, I can confirm
that to process audio from your soundcard's input's, you need to do the
following:

Open AudioMulch
Right-click in the Patcher pane
Select New -> Input / Output -> Soundin

The Soundin contraption is even set to use the soundcard input by
default - you actually have to double-click  and check a check-box to
get it use WAV files. Audiomulch even seems to offer multichannel input
through the use of auxiliary mapping.

Maybe this is a relatively new feature and you have an old version that
doesn't include it.

Jamie

Eran Sachs - Hazira wrote:

I've been a  uer for two years and I did not know that...Do you mean
that Audiomulch can run sources other than WAV files? How so??

anticipating...

Zax