[PD] PD for Audio Manipulation/Mangling

John Potter John.Potter at RaymondJames.com
Wed Jun 23 17:11:24 CEST 2004

Awesome - thanks for the insight.

I've been a general business software developer (Visual Basic & Web
Stuff primarily) for the past 10 years and thinking I don't want to
spend the next 10 years doing the same.

I have a pretty good understanding of synthesis and sound manipulation
(effects) and a broad overview of the ins and outs of DSP (IIR, FIR,
FFT, Windowing, etc).

If there's one thing I'm above average at - it's starting from a blank
slate, reading, playing, knocking my head against the wall but
eventually becoming fluent and at least mildly dangerous.

DSP is an area that interests me and I thought PD & Max would be a great
place to start as you have a something to start with and then can move
on in terms of writing externals and ultimately write something from
scratch if I decide to.

Anyone know if Audiomulch allows you to write your own "externals" -
other than going the VST route.

Any of these - PD, Max/MSP, Audiomulch support something like rewire?

The audio processing question is because I have an immediate need that
I'd like to fulfill but it's really where my interest lies.

Thanks again for the thoughtful answers!

John