[PD] whitch filesystem

Christian Klippel ck at mamalala.de
Thu Jun 24 11:15:31 CEST 2004

hi lazzaro,

Am Donnerstag 24 Juni 2004 10:49 schrieb Lazzaro Nicolò CIccolella:
[...snip...]

> Do you can suggest which file-system is better for improve audio realtime
> features ?
> I use ReiserFS (but even i am not expert) me seems that it is not
> the maximum.

personally i would recommend to use the xfs filesystem.
it is either available as a patch to older kernels, and included in the newest
ones. it comes from sgi, and has features esp. for realtime usage.
before you go and create the filesystem, read the doc's for it. there are
serveral ways to create the actual fs, depending on your needs...

i am very happy with it and must say that opening and accessing files is now
much faster than under any other fs, even when the cpu is heavy loaded ...

greets,

chris