[PD] linux/ppc music distro

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Jun 24 17:24:56 CEST 2004

Hallo,
derek holzer hat gesagt: // derek holzer wrote:

> Matthew Nish-Lapidus wrote:
>
> >i would like to try linux on my powerbook.. i like the looks of those
> >specialized music distros like demudi.  my experience is mostly with
> >debian... is there anything like demudi for ppc?  does anybody have any
> >tips for me while i take the initial plunge?
>
> Nothing like Demudi for PPC yet.

Well, there of course is Debian for PPC, and there also are some
Demudi PPC packages (see
http://apt.agnula.org/dists/unstable/main/binary-powerpc/Packages.gz),
although a lot are still missing. But Demudi is growing into a Custom
Debian Distribution, and indeed Debian has a big collection of powerpc
packages. (The others you would have to compile on your own,
Gentoo-style, with "apt-get build"

Ciao