[PD] how to completely UNinstall pd on osx?

James Tittle II tigital at mac.com
Fri Jun 25 17:00:37 CEST 2004

On Jun 25, 2004, at 9:11 AM, Max Neupert wrote:

> hi list,
>
> no i do not want to uninstall pd forever, i just want to start over,
> because my system seems to be messed up. when i start pd it crashes
> and osx says:
>
> Date/Time:      2004-06-25 15:08:35 +0200
> OS Version:     10.3.4 (Build 7H63)
> Report Version: 2
>
> Command: pd
>
> Link (dyld) error:
>
> dyld: /usr/local/bin/pd Undefined symbols:
> _FT_New_Face

...I think this indicates that it's not finding the freetype library?
Since that's the only undefined symbol, maybe you don't have the
correct version of freetype...

> i already uninstalled everything with the osxpm packet manager, but no
> result.
>
> in a different user account it works though. could it be the rest of a
> failed pdp installation somwhere?

...yep:  does the different user account have different privileges (ie.
admin)?  Or maybe you just have set the paths for one account and not
the other?

l8r,
james