[PD] Lost at compilig cyclone ;-((((

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Fri Jun 25 18:32:16 CEST 2004

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004, Krzysztof Czaja wrote:
> Btw, the reason for cyclone insisting on gcc-2.95 is that the
> cyclone's check for denormals, which is the same as in Pd itself,
> is optimized away by gcc-3.3, and I do not know about anybody out
> there, that has solved this problem yet...

You mean PD_BADFLOAT ?
I just tested this with gcc 3.3.4 from Debian and it seems to work.
at least this clause:

int i;
float f = 0.0001;

for (i=0;i<25;i++) {
        f*=0.0001;
        if (PD_BADFLOAT(f)) f = 0;
        else printf("%d goodfloat %f\n",i,f);
}

only prints 8 goodfloat values. Well, maybe it depends more on the
context, who knows. I didn't try really hard to prove its
working/non-working, I have to admit.

Guenter