[PD] Lost at compilig cyclone ;-((((

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Fri Jun 25 22:14:18 CEST 2004

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> But maybe Cyclone could go into the build system as well?

Well, as I see it there are two reasons why it is not there yet.
One is purely technical. We decided that only single externals
go into that section. The section is huge, and having single externals
is important to keep it maintainable and to to keep the memory footprint
low. I am not sure if cyclone can be compiled as single externals
collection.

The other reason it time. Putting externals there and maintaining it
costs time. A precious good ... there are so many things and ideas
I actually had for the external collection which I just can't realize
because of lack of time, or because I want to spend some part of my
time without a computer :(

Guenter