[PD] Fluid - shared soundfonts

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Sun Jun 27 04:19:52 CEST 2004

Hello everyone.

A while ago, I was working on a modification to the fluid~ object which would
allow multiple fluid~ instances to share soundfont images, rather than having
to load multiple copies. My personal reason for this was that I have a large
piano soundfont, and I was thinking of post-processing each individual note
seperately, and one way of doing this would be to employ multiple fluid~'s
and have a routing mechanism (like poly) in front of them.

I ran into a roadblock in the fluid API in the course of developing this, but
now the fluid API has been enhanced to allow this.

My question is now, is anyone dying urgently for an updated fluid~  that
allows this? If so, I'll take some time to send  an update to Frank. If not,
then when I get to it, I get to it...

Larry Troxler