[PD] mjpeg playback in pdp_qt

olsen modewelt at gmx.at
Sun Jun 27 23:16:57 CEST 2004

Thomas Sivertsen wrote:

> olsen wrote:
>
>> buenas
>> I've some problems with the mjpeg-playback in pdp. playing the file
>> with lqtplay - fine.
>> opening it in pdp_qt get the errror:
>> dlopen failed for /usr/lib/libquicktime/lqt_mjpeg.so:
>> libquicktime_mjpeg.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file
>> or directory
>> pdp_qt: video stream found (600x480 pixels, 30 fps, 663 frames, jpeg
>> codec)
>> pdp_qt: audio stream found (2 channels, 44100 Hz, 975492 samples,
>> chunksize 1471)
>> pdp_qt: WARNING: unsupported video codec
>> pdp_qt: ERROR: no usable video stream found.
>> quicktime_delete_vcodec_stub called

soluti thomas

> I get the same error, and have not found a solution yet. Any help
> would be appreciated! It's not only the mjpeg codec, it's all
> Quicktime codecs. I tried symliunking them in different places, but
> not working.

you have a lqt_mjpeg.so in /usr/lib/ ?
check your installed quicktime .deb libs (dpkg -l |grep libquick) remove
them and then recompile pdp with /only/ the libquicktime source compiled
by 'hand'? for the dependencies you've to chop the dependency tree...
best olsen
btw to prevent overloading your troubles use libquicktime-0.9.1 like
yves recommended and check after configure your output (...checking for
libjpeg... yes checking for libavcodec... yes checking for libpng... yes
....) if you're on the way.

i would recommend to install libquicktime from the sources :

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/libquicktime/libquicktime-0.9.1.tar.gz

( ./configure; make; make install )

then to add the line : /usr/local/lib
in /etc/ld.so.conf