[PD] Rate machine

ba ba at uvic.ca
Mon Jun 28 07:14:37 CEST 2004

Hi all

i've been trying to make a patch like the 'rate' unit in Max/MSP.  I have a
phasor~ signal that i'm trying to use as a clock.  I want to be able to scale
the signal up and down (the frequency).  raising the frequency is easy, just
multiply it by a number then wrap~ the result.  However, scaling it down is
beyond me.  I have a method that works on paper, but when I tried to patch it
up I ran into DSP loop errors.  if anyone has any suggestions for building a
patch that does this let me know.  And i'd rather see a patch than just some
external, because now i'm curious as to how it works.

thanks

-brendan