[PD] String editing

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jun 28 19:23:56 CEST 2004

Thomas Sivertsen wrote:
> cyrille henry wrote:
>
>> hello,
>>

>> [symbol /home/thomas/qt/regnbueromskip.mov]
>> [read $1 <
>

> Aha! Thanks a lot! I will try this when I get back to my other laptop...
>
> But I'm still wondering about the string-thing. Like, how to divide
> "symbol /home/thomas/qt/regnbueromskip.mov" into separate outlets by
> space and "/". Anybody know a quickie?

don't know exactly what you need.
the first part of the message (e.g.: "symbol" or "read") is "special" as
it defines the content of the rest of the list (it is a so called
"selector" while the rest is a list of "atom"s)

spaces are used to separate atoms from each other.
to get individual atoms out of a list, either use [unpack] or [$2(, [$3(,...
(note that you cannot get the selector with [$0( or whatever)

to parse a symbol like "/home/thomas/qt/regnbueromskip.mov" into a list
"home thomas qt regnbueromskip.mov" you could use [s2l] (zexy)

mfg.as.dr
IOhannes