[PD] Difference between [page] and [pd]

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Tue Jun 29 19:54:39 CEST 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 zmoelnig at iem.at wrote:

> > could anyone tell me what is the difference between
> > [pd] and [page] objects ?
> none at all.
> [page] is just there for compatibility reasons

Actually, the differences are:

1. when changing the name of a [page], its contents self-destruct.

2. UNDO doesn't work in that case.

3. changing back to the original name doesn't either...

4. therefore, [page] sucks.

5. notwithstanding the aforementioned issues, [page] would be better if
only for its quite descriptive name. The name [pd], imho, doesn't do any
help and is confusable with other uses of "pd" that are completely
different (the global object pd; the program pd itself; ...).