[PD] total newbie question (os X configuration related)

Anthony Saunders anthony at overwhelmed.org
Wed Jun 30 05:15:03 CEST 2004

hopefully this isn't a horrifically annoying post to the list regulars,
but I'm trying to configure PD on a 500 mhz G3 iBook, running OS X
10.3.4; I just installed TclTkAquaBI-8.4.6.1 and I managed to get PD
running well enough to have the Hello World patch run.

However, so far I've gotten these error messages:

Error number -9997 occured opening portaudio stream
Error message: Invalid device ID.
2004-06-29 22:51:41.421 Wish Shell[4293] CFLog (0):
         CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): plist parse failed; the data
is not proper UTF-8. The file name for this data could be:
         Contents/Info.plist -- file://localhost/Applications/iCal.app/
         The parser will retry as in 10.2, but the problem should be
corrected in the plist.
Error number -9997 occured opening portaudio stream
Error message: Invalid device ID.
RCNE SendEventToEventTarget (mous Moved               ) failed, -50

which are mostly gibberish to me.

I attempted to use -listdev and got this:

no audio input devices found
output devices:
1. Built-in Audio
API number 4

no midi input devices found
no midi output devices found

My iBook definitely has one audio input device: the built in microphone.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Anthony