[PD] PD file format specs?

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jun 30 09:05:01 CEST 2004

Zitiere Mathieu Bouchard <matju at sympatico.ca>:

> On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, Tjeerd Sietsma wrote:
>
> > I'm curious what the specifications of the PD file format look like.
> > Puckette has already posted *something* in 2001 about the connect
> rules,
> > and stated that the rest of the specs are undocumented. Is there
> someone
> > who has figured out already what the rest of the fileformat means?
> > Of course it looks quite simple, but I want to make sure there are
> no
> > mistakes from my side.

of course the file-format is quite simplistic.
the problem is (i guess), that miller refuses to document some things because of
one reason (correct me if i am wrong): as soon as they are documented people can
rely on there behaviour and thus things are kind of frozen. undocumented things
are "likely to change" in the near future, the far future  or never...

mfg.as.dr
IOhannes