[PD] [100MHz]Pd Linux MIDI

Lex Ein lex_ein at f-m.fm
Wed Jun 30 21:31:50 CEST 2004

No worries!  At 100MHz a fresh install of Win2k+SP4+Pd runs fine with a
decent graphics card and soundcard at 100% acceleration. Graphics and
sound(MIDI) should be PCI based, not ISA.
I expect Linux will run at least as well.
MIDI timing accuracy can suffer with audio running, so -noaudio.
GUI objects (numbers, sliders, bangs, toggles, etc) are CPU hogs, so
minimize or close the windows containing them while "running".
After your patch works, and you have console keyboard controls working
with [key] or network controls with [netreceive], you can certainly
start pd -nogui

By the way, since your CPU is MMX, DSP things can run surprisingly well
if you decide to try using them.

Lex