[PD] how objects are numbered

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jul 1 14:57:21 CEST 2004

folio.function.modification.implement at xoxy.net wrote:
> I want to change connections between objects in a large patch.
> I'm using |connect...( messages, but what is the way that objects are numbered?

actually the simplest way to find out is go and figure (this is - IMHO -
one of the major strengths of pd: just try it)

objects are numbered as they are created, starting at 0.
so if you have an empty canvas, create an object [f] and then a message
[1( you might want to connect them with something like "connect 1 0 0 0"
files are read line-by-line and these lines are executed, just like
editing. (so the first object in the file will be object#0 too)

sub-patches restart counting.

i don't know about "using GUI".

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes