[PD] array to list to envelope data problem

chris tyrrell shaper_mechanist at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 2 06:05:59 CEST 2004

I'm trying to do a pretty basic operation, and
although I think it should be easy to do it just isnt
working - anyway what i want to do is manipulate data
by drawing directly onto arrays, to control envelopes
for example. I'm using tabdump to create lists from
the arrays and lister to store the lists however i
can't seem to figure out how to get the lists to
control anything, for example what's necessary to send
the lists from lister to a line~ external? just
hooking them up doesnt seem to work. Does the line~
external need more data than what i am giving it? or
does the data from lister need to be "played" (i see
from just hooking lister to a number object that the
value remains static) I've spent ages looking for the
answer myself and can't seem to find it so i'd be
grateful for any help. thanks.

=====