[PD] MIDI info recording and re-playing

ClaudiusMaximus gloriousclaudiusmaximus at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 3 12:25:52 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 13:11, Koray Tahiroglu wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> Can anybody tell me how to record MIDI info from [notein] with duration
> info as well into a text file or a .mid file? [xeq] seems like a good
> external for this, but I am using MacOs and this external does not
> function with MacOs. I have also tried to use [qlist], [textfile] and
> [seq] but "no method for float" came as an error, or I could not be able
> to record-read any MIDI info?
>
> Is there any patch example of [glist], [textfile] to solve my problem?

I have been working on a Pd message recording/playback/looping patch
based on [textfile].  It has a few bugs still, but you can get it (with
documentation) as part of the newest archives of Copy Me - Gravity at

http://puredata.info/Members/claudiusmaximus/copyme/gravity/source/

It is called "eveloop" for "event looper".  It won't record note
durations as such, but it will record delay times between individual
events (like note-on and note-off) if you pack them each into a single
message like [noteon 1 60 64( or similar.  Open cm_g_eveloop-help.pd and
play around.  It requires IEMLIB or compatible [prepend] & [gate] (the
DCM100 Mixtab patches are only required for the main Gravity patch).

Screenshot of the bit that does the work:
http://puredata.info/Members/claudiusmaximus/copyme/gravity/screenshots/gravity-20040622-cm_g_eveloop.pd.png

--
http://www.claudiusmaximus.tk