[PD] GEM hardware compatibility information

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Sat Jul 3 19:05:30 CEST 2004

On Jul 3, 2004, at 6:35 AM, aym3ric wrote:
> Bugs/Issues: everything is fine, have some weird issues in RT though,
> not GEM related but really annoying (GEM 0.90 + RT =
> freeze/crash/watchdog, PDP 0.12.3 + RT + GLX window =
> freeze/crash/watchdog).

I think a similar thing happens on OSX using -rt as well.  The GUI
locks up when the CPU loads gets high although GEM continues to render
to the window.  I've always thought it had to do with GEM monopolizing
the video hardware and not giving other processes a chance to draw, and
do other UI events.  The problem seemed to stem from OSX's GUI being an
OpenGL process itself, but looks like that might not be the case.

Thanks
cgc