[PD] audio glitch/pause while redrawing array

david daniell m at tinynumbers.com
Sat Jul 3 21:41:23 CEST 2004

I have searched the list archives but not exactly found any answer to
this question.  I'm running OSX with the 0.37.1 installer from Hans.  I
have a patch which uses the xsample stuff to record real-time audio
coming in from the adc~, which records the data into an array.
Whenever the array display is redrawn (whether with an explicit [draw(
msg to xrecord~, or just automatically by xrecord when recording
stops), there is a noticeable pause/glitch any sound playback which is
going on.  It seems that the source of the problem is the redraw on
screen of the array.

Is this a known issue with PD in general, or maybe just the particular
version / OS / installer I'm using, or what?  Any suggestions from
anyone who has also seen this, or suggestions on how to track down /
debug this problem?

I can send my patch if anyone thinks that would help....

Thanks much,
- David