[PD] audio glitch/pause while redrawing array

0001 0001 at ooo000ooo.org
Sat Jul 3 22:18:59 CEST 2004

> Is this a known issue with PD in general, or maybe just the particular
> version / OS / installer I'm using, or what?  Any suggestions from
> anyone who has also seen this, or suggestions on how to track down /
> debug this problem?

it is a known issue that tcl / tk (re)draws cause glitches and problems
in audio performance.
audio processing and user interface should be less coupled. I think
there are at least two attempts now in this direction, but probably
they have not reached the public binaries yet.

by now, trying to aviod the redraws is the best you can do imho.

.