[PD] total newbie question (os X configuration related)

doktorp doktorp at mac.com
Tue Jul 6 01:37:05 CEST 2004

im assuming that this logfile is from the console, so that ical
gibberish just happened to be there. id highly doubt ical would
interfere with PD on any level. (do you have any ical appointments
scheduled or to-do lists with alarms, because those do run CRON, the
unix event scheduler, but it would have to be mighty messed up IMO to
mess up PD.

I dont have any experience with running PD on that machine, but id try
basic OS X troubleshooting:

repair disk permissions
repair/verify the disk

if that doesnt work, make a dummy admin user and log in as them.

if for some reason PD doesnt have access to the /dev device it wont
show up (correct right list?)

also, maybe try running PD as root and seeing if you get any further.
good luck =)

doktorp

http://homepage.mac.com/doktorp/