[PD] openpanel "compute audio" bug ?

Yury yurolog at mail.ru
Wed Jul 7 06:46:17 CEST 2004

Hello Thomas & list,

Wednesday, July 7, 2004, 2:55:10 AM, Thomas wrote:

TS> I tried it, and I couldn't reproduce in the test/audio/midi patch. Nor
TS> could I reproduce it in the standard A01.sinewave.pd-patch.
i think it doesn't depend on patch you're using [openpanel] in.
it's enough 2 objects for this bug to occure: a [bang], connected to [openpanel].

TS> There must be something about it using too much resources when accessing
TS> your files? Or, it's a bug.
i came to the conclusion that this only happens
 when you try to open any kind of
file located in the start-up (pd\bin) folder.
the only necessary condition for this is that the opened
file should be the first one in the folder's file list...
(i have a "sort by file-type" option in Windows if it helps).

TS> pd-0.37-0, Win2k, SP4, AC97 (SiS) audio, 512 MB RAM, 2.6 GHz.
my detailed system info: pd-0.37-0, Win2k, SP4, VIA
AC97 (built-in) snd card, 256 MB RAM, 1.6 GHz.

--
Best regs,
 Yury                            mailto:yurolog at mail.ru