[PD] Problems sending datas to PD from Java with UDP protocol

mstamm at itin.fr mstamm at itin.fr
Thu Jul 8 10:43:58 CEST 2004

Hello,

I'm trying to send data from java to PD with UDP protocol.
I tried this :

-----
netAddress address = InetAddress.getByName("hostName");
int port = 4321;

String ch = "Le message à envoyer";
int chl = ch.length;

byte[] message = new byte[chl];
ch.getBytes(0, chl, message, 0);

DatagramPacket p = new DatagramPacket(message, chl, address, port);
datagramSocket s = new DatagramSocket();

s.send(p);
-----

But it doesn't work.

I'm using a simple netreceive object in pure data with a print.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I sent this message yesterday but I don't know if it has correctly been sent.
Sorry if you received this message twice.

Mickaël.