[PD] dac object question

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Jul 8 22:52:31 CEST 2004

Hallo,

first: thanks a lot for explaining the DC effects to you and to Lex. I
did however ask my question slightly ambivalent. I also would be interested
in why and how a [hip~ 5] filter removes a DC offset.

Mathieu Bouchard hat gesagt: // Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> I usually remove the DC just after a [adc~] though, because it's best to
> design a patch assuming no sound has a DC at all, than even thinking about
> how DC might skew the effects.

And related to that: What would be the best way to make sure you get
no DC offset? I normally don't use sound input, so are there other
possible sources to watch out for in purely algorithmic patches, which
might generate a DC offset without intention? I see that a phasor
introduces a DC offset, but should I watch out for less obvious offset
sources, maby filters and the like?

Thanks again in advance.

Ciao