[PD] why "\:dropped" ?

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Fri Jul 9 17:10:28 CEST 2004

Hi there,

I'm wondering why Pd (0.36) is dropping the blackslash when I try to
enter one in a messagebox (and elsewhere too)? Any good reasons for
doing so?

Since I really need blackslashes to escape a comma, I hacked g_editor.c
and now I can type backslashes... will this brake something I'm
currently not aware of?

My previous workaround was to enter them in the pd patch using a text
editor which seemed to work as well but isn't that user friendly, of
course.

Olaf

PS. in g_editor.c in line 1342:

-    if (keynum == '\\' || keynum == '{' || keynum == '}')

+    if (keynum == '{' || keynum == '}')