[PD] addressing different lines in qlist or textfile ??

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sat Jul 10 18:41:17 CEST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "jim ruxton" <cinetron at passport.ca>
Cc: <pd-list at iem.at>

> Is there a way to address nonsequential lines in a qlist? for example if
> I want to address the 5th line that represents a soundfile would I have
> to bang 5 times to get that line or is there a way to address the 5th
> line. If not can I do this in textfile?

hi

first i made an abstraction for this problem:
i made a patch that converts integers to the refering number of bangs. so it
was possible to have random access to the lines in [textfile]

then i disccovered [msgfile] from zexy:
it's the same like [textfile], but with more features. you can simply send
it  a [goto 5( -msg to let it jump to line 5.

> Also is there a way to address
> different files within a folder randomly or do these file names have to
> be specified in a qlist or textfile? Thanks!
> Jim

Do you mean: is it possible to adress files within a folder of which your
patch doesn't know the names?
hm, i didn't find any solution for this problem yet. i'm wondering

roman