[PD] Trouble getting alsa audio output

vanDongen/Gilcher gml at xs4all.nl
Mon Jul 12 14:30:31 CEST 2004

Well, your pd was compiled with OSS support it seems.
In the media menu you can select and switch between the available audio
systems.
If you don't see alsa, it is not compiled in and you need to (re)compile pd
from source.

The problem you are seeing might be caused by different things.
1)The oss emulation is either not enabled (in your 2.6 kernel) or the module
is not loaded. look for snd-pcm-oss in the output of lsmod.
2)you don't have the proper device nodes. In the alsa-driver sources there is
a ./snddevices scripts that will create them.

Hope this helps

ciao
Gerard

electronic & acoustic musics-- http://www.xs4all.nl/~gml