[PD] Streaming soundfile player?

Daniel Hawthorn junk at icdc.com
Tue Jul 13 01:50:57 CEST 2004

All,

I'm working on a patch that will be a multitrack audio player - it needs
to play 8-16 tracks of audio concurrantly, each track from an audio file
of some undetermined length.

I would like to stream the tracks from the disk without loading them
into memory, since to do so will both take a lot of memory space and
cause delays when queuing up new tracks.

Does anyone know of a PD external/object that would accomplish this?
sfread~ looks decent, but I suspect it loads the file to memory.  Or
does it in fact stream?

Any help is appreciated.

-Daniel